Colorado Winter Decorating Tips
Nov 17, 2016
Colorado winters are spectacular, and draw many visitors to our state to enjoy this season. Consider the following decorating tips to make your home inviting, cozy and warm!
- Think soft and warm accessories this season - cashmere throws, velvet slipcovers and flannel bedding.
- Keep your home light and bright. Let light in during daylight hours and rethink illumination from lamps that might not be doing the job. Investigate replacing the light source with brighter more modern bulbs, or even replacing the lamp.
- Consider the addition of candles and oil lamps to your lighting plan in the evening for extra illumination and a romantic touch.
- Use the advantages of energy-efficient window coverings, such as Duette Architella honeycomb shades. They feature a honeycomb nestled within a honeycomb for greater energy efficiency, and they come in a radiant color palette.
- Plan a family dinner in front of a roaring fireplace, with a hearty pasta or piping-hot stew. Add fresh baked bread and a warm apple pie or crumble.